Broke up and Think I Made a Mistake?

So me and this man were seeing each other for a little over a month. We were exclusive. We spent a ton of time together. Went camping this weekend and on day 3 of being together we kind of had a misunderstanding. On the way home today I 'thought' we were having the break up talk and took the bracelet he gave me off and gave it back to him. He acted surprised and walked away tearing up. I texted him later in the day and told him I thought we were having the break up talk and that I was sorry if I hurt him and that I was going to miss him terribly. He texted back he will miss me as well. The misunderstanding was because I was trying to tell him some things I was feeling and he didn't quite 'get' or understand what I was saying. I figured if I couldn't talk about my feelings to this man, then our relationship is doomed. And that's why I broke up. The problem is? I am not so sure I did the right thing. And I have this knawing in the pit of my stomach that I shouldn't have broke up. Do you think he will contact me again in a few days once the dust settles? Do you think I did the right thing? I do have strong feelings for him and knew he felt for me as well.

02

Most Helpful Guy

• I was in the same boat as you a number of years ago. The question is, will you be accepting or antagonistic, if or when he contacts you again? Because if you'll be the latter, that will be the last time he'll contact you.

• I would be accepting. However all day I have been going back and fourth in my mind on whether I did the right thing. So not sure how I will react if he contacts me. He is going through a lot with some things in his life right now and is a GM where he works, so he is a very mature man who has a lot on his plate. I figure if he cares about me, he will try to talk things through with me, if he doesn't-then he didn't care that much so it's better this way.