Any reason why my ex's close friend would contact me / add me on Facebook?

Happened 2 days ago: I was relaxing. I checked Facebook and saw a request from one of my ex's close friends.

I didn't add her at the time because I didn't think much of it, but after thinking I remember how much she had hated me only just months ago!

Is there any reason other than curiosity that she has added me?

You don't usually need to add anyone to snoop around...

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• She may think she has a shot at you now that you're Available or may be on from a 'Request' from your Ex, perhaps to do some-----'snooping around.'
    I don't know any other reason why she would just come out of the wood work like this, but perhaps someone has had a change of heart and doesn't 'Hated me' as much as you think now.
    Good luck. xx

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I've asked her friend to tell me why she's added me, but she has yet to reply.

• Show All
    • I'll brace myself for the worse... to be honest I'm not really bothered about it any more... why waste my time?

• Good, just know it was probably one of the two. However, time and a Chat if she will, will tell... xx

Most Helpful Guy

• Keeping track, women can be very manipulative, this is the most likely reason. If your settings are set to only allow friends to see your posts she will need to do this. Use it to your advantage if this is the case. There are games afoot...

1|0
    0|1
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • My settings are public :/ ... I just messaged asking "Any reason why you'd want to add me?" ... if she says nothing, I'll block her, because I have no interest in her whatsoever... if it's ex related I'll press on.

But other than that, it's been 10 months... I would've expected a girl like my ex to have moved on quickly to another bloke, but she hasnt.

• Show All
    • God has the big picture you don't so to be so simple minded and say God is not actively involved in the world is simply that, simple minded. The same people who created UNICEF were the same people who placed the Jews back in Israel, people who believed wholeheartedly in the Bible and the prophecy of the Jews returning to their homeland. Without them being persecuted it would not have happened.

• Whatever dude, just whatever.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 6

• Sounds fishy to me. The fact that she never really liked you, and now she wants to add you? I wouldn't accept the friend request. You don't know if your ex put her to it. Move on with your life and have fun.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe she and your ex are mad at each other, and now she feels you were actually a good guy and she hated you too much. A peace offer, lol.

Or she likes one of your friends and you're her best link.

0|0
    0|0
    • Her and my ex are best of friends... I doubt her friend likes me... maybe, since she's a right slut.

• Show All
    • Oooh I see... that could be it! ... I don't see why not because my ex friend lied to my ex and her friends... they all thought I hit him out of aggressiveness, not self defence...

• Oh, then maybe the truth finally came out !
      Either way, at this point in time and even without a word or message, just adding you like that, I don't see which difference would it make to you. Isn't it better to just keep away?

• She wants to spy on you to see how are you doing or if you have anyone new

0|0
    0|0
    • I'e told you... she DOESN'T need to add me to do that... all you need to do is search my name and that's it... Why go through so much bother after hating me for 10 whole months?

• Maybe to see if you would talk to her. M ex recently got a guy that he works with to send me a request I accepted before I realized who he was then I laughed. Maybe she didn't hate you after all maybe she wanted you for herself

• Talk to her about what? the good days? she hated me almost as much as my ex did lol! ...

I know for a fact she hated me...

• Your ex probably asked her to.

0|0
    0|1
    • And for what reason might that be?

• Show All
    • Thanks. Isn't me.

• Ugly all the same, probably reflects your looks... yuk

• She is over the I want nothig to do with you phase and is curious how you're doing now. She wants to snoop but is embarrassed to she set up her friend to see what you've been up to. She sounds very immature blockig you and shit. I don't think she's up to any good.

0|0
    0|0
    • No she isn't... I know that all to well. The night before I left Uni she was extremely angry at me.

Hate is not the opposite of love - indifference is. She still likes me.

• hmm ok then I don't know. Probably just wants to snoop? Maybe she's just very hurt eventho she broke up? Maybe something happened and she can't forget about it? Could have been just a missinderstanding...

• i think she want revenge for your ex, only if you are the one hurting your ex. she might be spying on you. Or the other reason is she likes you, i said that because there are friends like those, who likes the same guy and has to let go for the other... i tried that once...

0|0
    0|0
    • Why revenge on my ex - they're best friends ffs... why is no one getting that lol?

• Show All
    • She broke up with me! ... Blocked me a couple months later on Facebook and Twitter... shouted insults at me a few times when we bumped into each other on nights out...

• i think your ex's close friend likes you... other is, she's spying on you if you are still unto her and she is using her close friend just to know your feelings for her... my advice just don't bother... just be a happy go lucky person... mwehehehe... and dude relax

What Guys Said 1

• They miss you and wants to see what your doing

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes