Do I have aright to be sad and upset over this situation, or am I overreacting?

It's not really a "break up" we were never together. This is long distance too (don't make fun, times have changed lol) I met him online and I thought he was cute and funny but didn't have a crush on him or anything. I'm from Los Angeles and he's from Las Vegas, and I go there VERY often with my mom for vacation so that's one reason why I was curious about a long distance thing because I can see him often if we ended up meeting. I started talking to him about a year ago and I added him on Xbox so we can just talk easier. We started off playing and talking on there but not often, then we went a few months without talking, you know, common thing, you lose touch with people. Then about two months ago we started talking again but it became these long convos through out the day and we'd talk until 3 am for a few weeks straight. About three weeks ago now, we were talking on the phone and he goes, "okay I'm gonna go to sleep I'll talk to you tomorrow ok?" Nothing weird, it was just a normal goodnight. The next two days I get no texts so I decided to text him but I get no reply but he'd always reply right away before. He was still online on xbox and I'd try to invite to talk to him but he'd ignore it. Two weeks pass and it's 4th of July and I go on Facebook and it says he got into a relationship the day before on the third and I cried. Do I have the right to be upset? Should I still meet him one day and slap him? What should I do? We were never together but we would flirt often and call each other babe. He's 6'3, college baseball player, nice smile, so I can see that girls would like him. There's no way someone can get into a relationship that quick which makes me believe they were talking before I started talking to him again. I'm sorry this post is long, I'm just mad and sad.

35

Most Helpful Guy

• You always have a right to feel how you feel. They are your emotions. Now, did he do anything wrong? I don't know about that. It does sound a little like he might have misled you a bit maybe, but even that is kind of hard to say. He did seem to make a bit of a dick move to just stop talking to you, but that's not surprising from a young guy who might not know how to appropriately deal with the situation. (just takes the easy way out)

Regardless though, you don't have to ask anybody whether you have a right to feel how you feel. You do, period. I'm sorry things didn't work out for you this go around. I'm sure things will get better for you as things go on. Live and learn, right?

• Thanks ): yeah maybe he didn't know how to go about telling me. But still he shod t have not flirted with me if he was interested in this girl. He told me he didn't have a gf for a year and a half and not when I started talking to him he decides to get one. Shit sucks.

• It does, but you'll find other guys that you'll like. That's just how it goes. Win some, lose some, but at the end of the day if you keep doing you, eventually you find somebody right for you.