Who here has seen a counselor/therapist to help get over a rough break up?

So It's been a little over a year since me and this girl split up. I've always gotten over break ups within weeks, even the one after her. Except HER, so far it's becoming a destructive issue in my life. My drinking has gotten' seriously out of hand as well. I've also started engaging in some risky sexual behavior.

WTF! is wrong with me.

Just want to hear some feed back... did it really help, if so how so or was it a waste of time? What kinda of Therapist should i look into? Any help would be appreciated thanks.

51

Most Helpful Girl

• If you think you should be seeing someone, you should be seeing someone. It's been a year since my boyfriend of 3 years and I broke things off. I have a lot of issues including trust, and using the "L" word, I haven't been able to like someone longer than a few weeks. I've had about 3 boyfriends since and I've broken up with all of them but I always end up sleeping with "my big ex" after. Put her in your pocket and leave her as nothing but a memory.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Yeah, im already looking into. I don't have insurance so im trying to see what i can get. I have the trust concern to. I recently was seeing this girl and accidentally called her my ex-gf's name during sex. Which sucks 'cause she was really hurt and she was really sweet. Needles to say i'm terrified to enter into any other relationship and do it to anyone else.

I really, REALLY wish i could just forget i ever met her to be honest.

• I've almost said the wrong name in bed a few times, it was wrong but it happens and you shouldn't beat yourself up over it.

Mine went back to the ex he was dating prior to me, they've decided to call it "10 years strong" even though for 4 years he was with/seeing me.

The anger and hurt I completely understand.

Most Helpful Guy

• I haven't but I'd suggest accupuncture before therapy. It really helps with depression.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE