I constantly feel like i'm on trial in my relationship, if I am not successful lawyer she will leave, is this healthy she told me I bring her down?

Ok so i'm 21 and been in and on and of relationship for 2 years with my girlfriend. We were together for year constantly before she broke up with me because she thought i lacked ambition and wasn't going to be successful in the future. Basically she is super ambitious, driven person, every day she talks about doing getting this experience and adding stuff to her cv etc. I'm the opposite i have ambitions but i'm not a driven person i am not even really sure what i want to be in the future. Regardless of that i'm not just a sit and home do nothing kind of guy i am at university studying law regardless.

She keeps pressuring me to do internships and apply here apply there asking why haven't i done it etc i'm just a bit more laid back. To be honest i do get why she is worried about me i mean although i am at university doing law i'm not 100% acing every exam and working hard like she does i have had to retake some exams due to not being driven and motivated enough to focus on my studies etc but then again a lot of university students slip up and have to retake exams and a lot of them don't have there whole life planned out like she does.

Anyway so together for a year she dumps me because of lack of ambition we get back together after 3 months for a month then she breaks up with me again after a month for the same reason. Spend a long time being just friends but this past month we have given it another go and it's been amazing we have been so happy. But yesterday was just like the return of the dark days, she told me her mum and her friends think i'm a bum and a waste of space and she does to, they think she could do better and she is only with me based on the condition that i change and become more ambitious and like her pretty much.

She keeps telling me i will drag her down in the future and if i'm not sucessful she will leave me, is this healthy? I get her concerns but is this healthy to be making me feel like i'm on trial every day?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• you by your own admission admit that you are not driven and motivated on your studies. she's doing right you're the one who isn't getting it together. why can't you try harder? maybe she should leave u

0|0
    1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not healthy at all. She doesn't respect you. Ignoring the fact if her accusations are valid, a relationship can't work out well if she keeps looking down on you. A couple should be equals.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• she already made it clear that she is not 100% stable in the relationship by braking up with you.. If you're thinking about it, it means it's a possibility. dont get stuck you're still young and everyone deserves someone who appreciates them.. Relationships are supposed to be positive companionships, love is NOT about social status or what you do.

honestly: dump her and get out with the pride and dignity u have left :s

0|0
    0|0
  • That's not good at all. She only cares about how good your career is. Don't stay with her!

0|0
    1|0

What Guys Said 3

• Clearly you aren't compatible and never wil be. I' d advise breaking up with her first and tell her she is dragging you down.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd do internships and try to advance yourself... without her.

1|0
    0|0
  • You're being used. Man up, say goodbye and move on; there is someone out there who will love you for what you are, not what they want you to be.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes