Was he just trying to get rid of me, or did he actually feel like I deserved better?

I was currently seeing this guy, and things were great. We did however live a bit far from each other. He told me he didn't need sex to be happy with me the first time the topic came up, and every other time he told me he wasn't expecting sex, it would just be a bonus. But the last few days we were together, he was very reserved. He wasn't himself. I felt like I was bothering him and he didn't want to be with me anymore...

Well two nights ago he texted me and told me straight up that he cheated on me. He didn't tell me when, and I didn't ask. The only thing I could think about was how he lied to me. He told me he was sorry and that he didn't mean for it to happen and that he didn't want to do it, but if he didn't want to do it he wouldn't've put himself in that situation right? He told me I deserved better than that so we decided to go our separate ways.

My question is guys, was he actually sorry about doing that, and think I do actually deserve better, or is that just bull shit?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes , Yes and no for the three of your questions in there order
    Look to it this way would you ever know about the cheating if he didn't tell you?
    as girls how often do they met a guy who confess that he is wrong when he is? better yet ask me and I have to tell you we guys have too much arrogance to do so
    so it took him a great deal of courage to confess it to you which shows that he cares about you and also shows that he is a guy with good heart and we are humans we all do mistakes so as we learn from it then we are just humans and i don't think he told you that he is more than a human

Most Helpful Girl

• Um, its bullish*t. He may actually be sorry and girl, he better know you deserve better than a dirty piece of scum like him. But if he was a decent guy, he wouldn't have actually done it. I can't say for sure that he was telling you the truth. But if he cheated on you, don't even worry if he was trying to get rid of you. You didn't do anything wrong, and he is clearly the issue. I don't think he is completely sorry because he is a grown man and should be responsible enough to know what is right and wrong. Honey, you deserve so much more and don't need to think about his reasons.