Would you date someone divorced?

My boyfriend is in his 30s. He is divorced but wasn't married for so long and doesn't have any kids. His divorce happened a long time ago. He was very honest with me about his divorce and why it happened and about telling me that he wants a family in the future and would marry again.

Some people who have never been married refused to date divorcees but it doesn't bother me. I am 24.

Would you date a divorcee? Why or why not?

38

Most Helpful Guy

• I have dated a 42 year old divorcee with 2 kids. So I would, yes.

I'm not sure if it was serious to either of is though. The guy being nearly 20 years younger is very abnormal. For me it was more so just fun, and I was in a foreign country for a while so I don't think she thought anything to serious of it either.

But yes, I would and have. Would I seriously date a girl my age who has already been divorced is another story, and the answer would be no.

What Guys Said 7

• Sure, why not? A divorce is just a breakup in my mind. Your guy's breakup just happened after a marriage. I never understood why some people look at divorcĂ©es like they're damaged goods. I really don't see the difference.

• I would. there's this girl at the gym who used to be married to a marine and she divorced him when she realized the marine husband was totally not for her and she's so fucking hot! still young, only 23 haha perfect! ima hit her up:D

• Absolutely I would. I'm divorced, so I'd look pretty two-faced if I wasn't willing to date a divorcee. lol

• Yes I would. Most available women 30+are divorced. I don't hold it against them. People change, and likes and dislikes become different. So over time they drift apart. Nobodys fault, it just happens.

• Yes I would. So something happened and they're not together any more. Who cares.

• Of course. It's just the same as anyone else who has an ex but they obviously loved them enough to actually get married.

• If they didn't have kids I would.

What Girls Said 3

• Would you date someone divorced?
    No

Why or why not?
    I date guys my age and if a guy is divorced at my age in my opinion not only did he f*ck up his life early on he's also even more likely to be misogynistic or bitter. I find most male divorcees to be quite bitter and I'm not into dating such a guy.

• How does that mean he f#cked up his life early?

• @fr4nk
      In my opinion it men he f*cked up his life early on by making as likely he'll have child support/alimony to pay and he made a supposed life long commitment that he couldn't handle suggesting he is not that aware of his relationship capabilities.

• It could be that his wife fucked up, and he did everything possible to make it work.
      That happens often.

• Yeah it happens. People don't marry to divorce anyway. Did he tell what is the reason behind divorce?
    If sth like cheating, stay away from him. If not , I don't see any problem about him.

Personally divorced people make me think, first the reason why they divorce. If I am convinced by the reason, I am ok.

• He told me all about the reason and was very honest. It was not him cheating. He is also a generally good guy and my friends think he is too so I believe him.

• So I don't see any problem. People will talk about it of course, as long as you both are happy that counts most.

• I am and so is my BF.