Caught my girl sexting, should I cheat?

I caught my girlfriend sexting her ex about 8 months into our relationship. She said thats all it was, im sorry, dont leave, etc. I believe she didn't want me to leave not because she liked me so much, but rather she didn't want to be that person who lost someone good for messing with another womans girl. I have a bad record of getting into relationships with girls who cheat or harbor feelings to another dude. I stayed only because I have given up on finding that thing people call "the one" and figure all of my relationships will probably turn out this way. I dont trust her anymore, at all, so I am basically not letting her get close to me even though we are still together. I am not a cheater, never have been, but I am seriously thinking about doing it so I can join the club, so to speak. I am at the point in my life where I think all people will stab you in the back if you present it so there is no reason for me to leave. Should I just cheat?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Like @Idrccarter said, " wow, some girls need to get punched…" Yeah they also need an ass whooping.
    Now, back to the matter at hand! DUN DUN DUNNNNN!

I say, DO NOT CHEAT. Never lower yourself to that level. What your…. person… did to you isn't right, and it definitely does not mean that you should do it, even if it is for revenge. I know that, what she did hurt you but, in all honesty, you should break up with her CHEATING ASS, and be single for a while. Woman like that dont respect themselves and when things get tough they fuck good things up with good people. And YES she made a mistake, but it DOES NOT mean that you have to deal with her mistakes.

Never give up, out there, their will be a time when a woman will come a long, and you will make her the happiest woman in the world. You give have to be somewhat patient till that time comes.

Plus, you are still young, NEVER settle for something/someone that low, and shitty.

Hope I helped! Good Luck!

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If you don't trust her or enjoy the relationship, then end it. Life is the longest thing you'll ever do, but it's still not long enough to waste your time on something you only feel mediocre about. And it really doesn't make sense for you to cheat and start up a bunch of drama for yourself. What you're feeling right now is the need to get revenge. And while it may feel nice to think up ways to really stick it to her, anyone observing from the outside could easily tell you that you're just flinging poo by seeking revenge.

Cut your losses, learn a lesson, and move on. But don't stoop down to that level just to get back at someone. Kids in middle school sit and scheme up ways to get back at one another, not 30-35 grown men who you'd think would have learned maturity by then.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 10

• Two wrongs don't make a right. Getting revenge won't make you feel any better or it could even make you feel, and the situation, worse. Since it obvious you don't trust her, for good reason, you need to evaluate your relationship and ask yourself if its worth working on. If it isn't then you need to break up with her and try and find someone else.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's never too late in your life to find real love. You have to be strong to start over and know that there are better things and people out there for you. Never ever settle for less. Do you want to marry someone who you know cheats on you only to now have an actual marriage and a family with this person? I'd rather be happy and find love later in life than to sit and settle for who I think will just do. Too many times I see married people flirt and it kills me and I believe its because they aren't happy and they settled. Don't be that person. Be happy hun :)

0|1
    0|0
    • I guess I gave up on the whole love thing, that's why I'm settling. But I will take your advice. Much love.

• You sound jaded but I understand why. Why do you want to 'cheat' on her? If you really don't trust her and not attracted to her anymore because of her ways you should dump her. You sound like someone who has morals and a huge sense of loyalty to their partner, which is really great. She is not worth someone breaking your sense of loyalty over.

I wish I had a partner who did have that quality. If she is sexting then clearly she wants it from guys other than you. How do you know that she is not doing something similar or more with other guys besides you and her ex? If she really really liked you in the real sense, she would never stray. She probably lusts after you but there is no genuine, true, loyal feelings. If I were you, I would look for someone more worthwhile.

0|1
    0|0
    • Thanks for the feedback, and thanks for the compliments. I wish I had a partner who had the same qualities.

• Two wrongs don't make a right. If you can't forgive her break up with her. If she a screws up again if you decide to stay with her then be done because once a cheater always a cheater. And sexing in my opinion is cheating and shows her lack of respect for your relationship. Etc..

0|0
    0|0
  • Just leave, even if you think everyone will stab you in the back why stay with them? It'd make more sense to be alone

0|1
    0|0
  • Don't cheat. You don't want to fall into that category. I've done it once and it was such an awful guilt that I still have today because I know I am better then that. Just move on from this girl.

0|1
    0|0
  • wow, some girls need to get punched... im not saying punch her, but hire a girl who will do it for you

0|0
    0|0
  • No, you shouldn't. You should just break up with her. There is no reason for you to stay if you don't trust her, the relationship is already over.

0|0
    0|0
  • two wrongs dont make a right...

0|0
    0|0
  • I was in a similar situation myself recently. Caught my fiancee on sex sites and dating sites. He begged me to stay, I loved him and figured I'd never find anyone better than him. To 'make myself feel better' I went on to one of the sites he had been on. Soon I started chatting to this really hot guy and we were texting preety much every day. It was a good distraction from my own relationship issues and I felt texting this other guy was justified and I was getting pay back on my fiancee. But two wrongs don't make a right. i soon started feeling pretty crap as my fiancee was really making an effort to earn my trust back. Eventually I came clean, my fiancee wasn't happy but he couldn't say much after what he did to me. We're still trying to work things out but I think once the trusts gone in a relationship its really hard, maybe even impossible to get it back. My advice, don't cheat, it won't solve anything, it only adds more problems to an already difficult relationship.

0|0
    0|0
    • I think once the trust is gone is over too. I guess I have given up on finding someone for me. Thanks for the advice

What Guys Said 7

• Look what will be the difference between you and her if you cheat?
    If you are not comfortable, please leave her then.
    Cheating won't solve any purpose.

0|1
    0|0
  • No there's no need to cheat just find someone new. Be thankful that she showed her true colors early so that it gives you an opportunity to find someone better. Everything in life is a learning experience.

0|0
    0|0
  • You deserve better, dont get down to her level and cheat on her. Break up with her and move onto something better.

1|1
    0|0
  • I know exactly how you feel. Lots of girls do this and I have to say it's changed me for the worse too. I used to be fully devoted and fall in love fast but after a couple of these relationships it really makes to hover over the breaks a lot more. My last relationship went sour a little worse than this. Ultimately, I decided not to cheat back and just break it off. I personally respect the opposite decision too though and wouldn't judge you for it.

I asked myself what do I really want from a girl and realized she just wasn't it. All trust was gone instantaneously. If I had a life of repeat offenders though I might have been more malicious. Sometimes I wish I was. In the end I don't regret it. No, it's not fair but revenge doesn't matter. If the trust is gone leave and do you. Do whatever makes you heal fastest but keep her out of it, she only subtracts from that.

0|0
    0|0
  • if she's sexting, then why stay?

0|1
    0|0
  • Why not dump her and then get someone else?

0|0
    0|0
  • Go bang her friend bro, that'll teach her a lesson. Next time she'll think twice before sexting any guy.

0|0
    1|0

Recommended myTakes