Should I text my ex or wait for him to text me?

So my ex is finally talking to me after 6months of no contact. He was the first to say hi, took me by total suprise. Now when he sees me I always get a hello. The other day we managed small talk. I feel that the lines of communication are opening. I really want to send a friendly text but I dont want to make things worst again. P. s im still in love with him and I've been missing him terribly. He was the dumper and I said no contact, as I needed time. Any advice would be great and I dont want to come on to strong.
I did tell him not to contact me unless he has changed his mind and I did tell him that friends is out of the question as we just can't be just friends and he knows it to. People have said that over the last 6months he has been really sad and grumpy

22

Most Helpful Guy

• Reciprocate by text- nothing heavy, just build on the 'hi'- e. g.'Did you go on that holiday you were talking about? etc'

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• no contact for 6 months maybe he wants to be friends and not back together?

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE