How to breakup with someone you've been with for 3 years?

I think it needs to happen but I'm so afraid to. I don't want to hurt him. I don't want to explain to all our friends and family, and I hate being single.

But I feel so disrespected. He puts his hobbies over me. I know a guy needs his hobbies but we hardly ever go out together as a couple on a date date. It's more like were just friends at this point. I don't feel like his girlfriend. His video games and manga and anime are more important than I am. He's rushes home to them not me.

I've told him before how I felt and he said " yea but what is our time? I barely have my time" which may or maybe not be true here but idk.

I want someone to pay attention to me. To come home and kiss me and say hi how was your day? What's for dinner? Etc

Not come home and hop on the computer or book or xbox.

Clearly I'm not important enough to him and I'm tired of trying to change him. And I don't want to be the bad guy who does and then he's miserable. I rather end it and that be that.

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Be quick and honest with him. tell him you need a partner and a man. Always remember too that the honeymoon period does not last too long in most relationships.

What Guys Said 2

• Those sound like good reasons. Just be honest with him and tell him what you told us here. I hope it goes as well as it can given the situation.

• just say bitch you gotta go

What Girls Said 2

• You need to say exactly what you wrote here. Tell him exactly why you're cutting your losses. There's no way to not hurt him. And that's fine. If it didn't hurt, he'd never learn.

• Just talk to him, tell him what you've told us. If he doesn't care dump him.