Ex boyfriend on dating websites?

So my ex of four years and I had a nasty break up that he initiated and he is now on every dating website and adding all girls on social media he can and like texting every girl, right after our breakup. It's been three weeks now, why is he doing this, even though he says he still loves me but can't be with me (I messed up and screwed up the relationship after sleeping with someone when we broke up a few months prior).

11

What Guys Said 1

• He sounds very weak - either that or he is trying to provoke you into contacting him. Just move on.

What Girls Said 1

• Because he's lying to you. I doubt very much he loves you, he's just grieving for his loss (ie the relationship) so he thinks he still wants you. Try and cut all ties and get him out of your life, stop checking up on him and delete his number. That way you won't know what he's up to.