I don't know what he is thinking, but why all of a sudden the change? What might have happened? It's like he broke up with me?

I have a very close friend of mine with whom I played games with for a very long time. We watched eachother's back in game and we talked for hours each day. We got pretty close and flirted from time to time. He told me I was an irreplaceable friend and if I ever left, he would miss me. He made me promise to go visit him and all this stuff and I felt like we would be friends or maybe more for a very long time.
All of a sudden one day, he turns cold and started pushing me away saying that he needs a break from our gaming. I get worried because he's never pushed me away or been mean before.. so I kept asking him every other day if he was okay. He got mad and said he just needed time alone, but gave no reasons. (My fault - I should have left him be). But then he started being very mean towards me, saying mean things, stopped coming online altogether and avoided me. I was in shock and asked him why he is doing this and what I did because I certainly didn't deserve any of the mean things he said. Finally last week, he told me he didn't care if we ever spoke again. He doesn't care if we are friends.. so I deleted him from all our games and left. The next morning he sends me a song lyrics as his goodbye that had things like "I'll take you down, dont mess with us".. whatever that was supposed to mean? It was rude and cruel and I gave him what he wanted and he's still being mean then. What happened to my friend? I miss him.. I had a dream last night that he killed me in our game instead of saving me (he did this the last week I tried to talk to him when we played). Now it's haunting me in my sleep.. He just watched me die.. while I cried bleeding on the ground. What do I do? This is really affecting me.

10