Not sure if my 2 Relationship is over... Male perspective wanted?

My boyfriend of 2 years told me 4 days ago that he needed his space to find himself because he is being pulled in many directions and has no time for him. He said that we fight and I don't like his friends, when actually it is only one friend... an ex-gf. Background info includes that we are in a long distance relationship and see each other on the weekends. We Skype and text through the week. At 49 years of age he still lives at home with his mom. He wants to continue to be friends with an ex-gf who lives across the street and I can't stand her. She was interfering and involving herself with our relationship by texting him way too much when he would come to visit me. Therefore not respecting the boundaries of our relationship. He works 4 days a week but very long hours and has one day off to do the chores requested by his mother and have time for himself. I live 1.5 hours away and he comes to my house on the weekends and is therefore away from his other friends in order to be with me. His mother will not allow him and I to sleep together in his room because we are not married, so that is why he comes to see me. He said he doesn't feel obligated to see me, but that he wants too. Ok, so he sprung this on me out of the blue after he went on a long motorcycle ride on his day off. He got to thinking while on the ride and felt overwhelmed. We agreed to take a 3.5 week break and both work on ourselves and think things over. Honestly, my thoughts are that we might be done, but there are a few things that have me confused. I have been doing renovations on my house and he paid to have plumbing upgrades done and texted me asking how everything went and if they the upgrades worked. I sent him photos of the work and then after he saw them, it reminded him of more work that he had wanted to do for me... some electrical work. Why would he want to do that. I don't understand why. If you're thinking of breaking up then why spend time with them after. I'm confused.

I have spoken with him and he doesn't want to just lose what we have without trying. We have decided to maintain break for 2 more weeks, but he will be coming down next weekend to help with my renovations.
He texted me yesterday out of the blue and asked how my day was going. He's coming to my house tomorrow to help with a plumbing issue. It will be 11 days since our break started, should I talk to him about it yet or wait? If yes what do I say?

04

Most Helpful Guy

• He needs to get his personal life straightened out, it seems. He has women pulling him in multiple directions and he is hopefully getting the others in control and trying not to adversely affect you.
    Just do your thing and make it clear what you want and need. Don't throw it away, but don't wait forever.

• I am doing that now. The first week was tough... bit of a roller coaster actually, but we have made contact with each other 3 times since then. We are taking it slow and he will be coming to my house this weekend to help with renovating my house. It seems that he still wants to be there for me, so I will let him and we will go slow and talk things over, but I won't ram it down his throat. Been a real eye opener for me.

• It has been an agonizing 3 weeks for me, but we have been and are continuing to make strides towards a reconciliation. There has been much self-reflection for myself and him as well but we want to try to work out our issues. I just need to be patient, trust in one another and not rush the process too much. Things are looking very positive though... thanks for your advice.

• Anytime! Glad to hear things are progressing in the right direction and you are happy!