"We need to talk" The girl I have been dating for the past 3 months dropped these words on a me a few days ago?

Hi, first time doing this, hopefully I put all the relevant details.

The girl I have been dating for the past 3 months recently text me saying "We need to talk". For some background I will say that we work together in a professional environment and see each other at work 3 times a week. We keep things very professional at work and keep flirting and such at home or on dates. We started dating about 3 months after her mother passed away as well. As far as i can tell we have always had a very strong mutual attraction/connection and have a great time out on dates. Here is where it starts to go down hill. She has been pushing back our pre planned dates for 2-3 hours so she can hang out with her friends then come hang out with me. She has always been a yes person and can't say no to people. Also i understand that her mothers death is tough on her and she likes to confide in her friends. But she always does this last minute with no explanation. I just recieve a text saying "I'm still out with So and So can we meet up at 8?" this is instead of the 6 o'clock date we had planned. this has happened 4 times.

The 4th time i didn't even get that much of an explanation. Just a "I'm sorry i'm still out with so and so... maybe you should hate me" I confronted her about it in front of her friends (admitedly not the best move) and we had an arguement. I felt we resolved some issues that day and hung out the rest of the day after that. That was 2 weeks ago and we haven't hung out since. We see each other at work and have small text conversations daily or every other day. At a certain point I took a step back to give her time.

Now 3 days ago she sends me a text saying "I am not sure if you are trying to give me space or not but i appreciate it. Also I guess i'll be the one to say it. It's pretty clear we need to talk" I replied saying I was giving her space and that i had made some mistakes. she answered 'she appreciates it and she made mistakes too." So how bad is it?
Updates:
Well, we broke up. She came to my place and we had a decent talk. It was amiable, but I miss her a lot. We work together so I see her almost daily and just want to be with her again, but I knew this was a possibility at the start. Need to stay tough

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• Inconclusive. She could want to work things out. Or she wants a break. Try talking it out with her. And that should make it better

0|0
    0|0
  • it seems like either she wants to get closer again or is unsure about your relationship. i can't tell which one.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not sure how bad it is. Doesn't seem to be that way. You guys seriously need to communicate though in a mature way about the problem.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes