How do you let go of someone you love but can't have?

I love her but can't have her, how do I let go?

I tried making a list with her shortcomings, but all of them I can forgive. How could I think badly of her, I love her.

I want to be with her, and it is driving me insane that I can't be with her.

I mean if she is happy so be it, I wish her all the best, but I need to stop my feelings this longing drives me nuts.

How do I let go of her?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• honestly, I let go of people through love. A lot of people try to move on through demonizing the person they love but that's not how to let go of them. Were you close with her? Wereyou guys friends? If so, appreciate the fact that she came in your life and impacted you as an individual. Appreciate that there was someone like her in your life. And afterwards, be glad that she's out of it because every good journey leads to a greater path in life. I could see that you do love her because you're not demonizing her despite the fact that you kinda wish you can so it'll be easier for you to move on. Personally I move on by love. Because you love her, you need to think of her needs before your own. Instead of seeing her as someone who should belong to you, how about you just see her as someone you love who is in a happy journey. It's all about your mentality really. We all had someone we loved. It's a part of life. But now it's about how you're willing to deal with losing her instead of leaving her. Your heart has a mind of its own. If you love someone, it will fade away on it's own. you cannot control your love, but you can control your mind and how you look at things in life. Good luck <3

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• You're spending way too much time thinking about her. Try meeting new people and fall in a new relationship. And learning new stuffs like sports and musical instruments helps too. Then you'll have no time thinking of her at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • you should move one, it's hard take a trip alone, try things you never did before, date others, watch silly movies read do anything that come in your mind, it's hard to move on but once you do that, you'll see it's the best decision you've taken

0|0
    0|0
  • I think yoy should try talking to other people and meet new people... try to not think about her much do stuff to help u give ur mind a break... :) x

0|0
    0|0
  • If you want to move on. Then do it. Go out and meet new people. But keep an open mind. Don't shut people out right away because they aren't her. Because no one will ever be her. Just cherish the memories. And know that is all she is now. A memory. Your past.

But... Think it over. If you really can't imagine her with someone else; or yourself with someone else... DO SOMETHING! A big romantic gesture to get her back. Trust me. If you don't go after her when you really want to you will regret it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why can't you have her? Is she married? If she isn't, then you probably still have a chance. But If you really want to let go of her, then tell yourself why you can't have her. Cry a couple of times lol. I don't know if that works for guys too, but that always helps me. Uh you could try finding someone better than her; I swear to God that there is such a person. Think you probably can do better than her! It might be difficult, but you eventually will get over her. You just have to try. Don't think of the what if's. Say it's over and mean it.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• Get out more... Meet more people and do
    More stuff. It's hard to forget about someone when you're constantly thinking about them. Having a lot of down time makes it even harder.. When you aren't doing anything it's easy for thoughts of her to come back but to move on and let her go you must come to accept the situation. If she's happy leave her alone. When meeting other people erase her from your mind. Don't let her cloud your mind which is going to make it even harder to let go. I'm not sure of your situation because not enough detail was given but since you made a list of her shortcoming you've must've been real close.. You also said you can't have her so you must've also done something. All I can say is best of luck guy. Keep an active lifestyle and avoid too much down time.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes