I am going to hang out with my ex twice this week - any advice?

My ex and I (he broke up with me at the end of May - nothing bad happened, he's going through a divorce and having issues), have plans to see each other twice this week. First on Wed night (he invited me to his cocktail party) then again on Saturday night for dinner and to hang out. I am excited but nervous - I don't want to get carried away by my feelings here. Any advice for me?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• He is your ex for a reason plus he's going through a divorce
    and having issues so he is still attached his soon to be ex-wife
    he broke up with you the end of May, doesn't that give you sign?
    The guy has issues your gullible and you want be loved so
    your falling for a guy whose got baggage , do you honestly think
    this will last with you and him, I don't see nothing good coming
    out of it? My advice treat him as a best friend don't get your hopes
    built up on him cause this guy gives me bad vibes i can see it so
    play it cool but just be a friend to him

• I agree - even if he wanted to get back together, he will still be emotionally unavailable. I think it's a case of "I don't want a relationship but I want to keep you close anyway" kind of thing on his part - selfish. He knows he hurt me and that we had a good thing going, but we are on different paths right now. It's not because we didn't care about each other. Plus he gave up his job to become a full time artist and wants to live like a vagabond, pick up and travel the world whenever he wants (he has no kids and I have a son). Plus he is 11 years older than me (he's 40).

• I am sure there is feelings for this guy, just play things cool and I wish you the best with him

• Thank You For Most Helpful;) xD