Why do women go from guy to guy after break ups?

My ex and I dated for 4 years. The first we broke up she dated another guy within a week, but then broke up with him and got back with me. Now that we're broke up again she does it again. I could understand if we weren't close, but I was her first for everything. Both guys seemed to be bums who just get high and work minimum wage jobs. I just don't get it. Can someone explain?

65

Most Helpful Girl

• i think that girls jumping from guy to guy is a coping mechanism. you do it after you've just broken up with someone you really did care about and you try to find someone who can measure up to them and when that doesn't work you try and go back to them again.

Most Helpful Guy

• I know why. I can't speak for all women but in this situation I can. Look, even when in a relationship, women are approached by men. They're approached at school, at work, while at lunch. What also factors in is if your girl is the type who can't stand to be alone. Now it sounds like your girl had plenty of options. The first time you broke up, she went right to her other option. It was probably a lot of fun talking to him while you two were together, and when you broke up she couldn't wait to sleep with him. But he probably sucked in bed or was just a crappy person in general, so she went back to you because she didn't want to be alone and you were available. Options were still out there though, and once someone more fun and interesting came along, she had someone new in her back pocket.