I want to break up with my bf but I'm afraid he'll do something stupid and then feeling guilty about it?

So me and my bf have been going out for 2 years and 7months. I feel like things aren't the same and I don't have the same feelings as before. On Saturday I tried to end things but he started crying a lot and started saying that he wouldn't know what to do with out me that he would probably kill himself because there would be no point for his life. After he said that I felt like I should not do it at the moment and think of how I could do it without him doing something stupid. I don't know what to do. I don't know how to break it to him. I know I would feel terrible if he did something to himself because I broke up with him. What should I do?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Just end it, even more so now than before. He is holding you hostage emotionally. Nicely end it, if he threatens again either take him to the hospital for psychological help or inform someone close to him of the situation so they can get him help.
    You are doing the right thing. He has to learn how to live his life for himself. Do not be emotionally blackmailed into staying with someone.
    Help him get help, then walk away. His issues need professional help.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 2

• I'm sure he won't kill himself.
    He's just saying that because he is devastated.
    Just break up with him and move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • It is better to end it then to lead him on. The longer you stay with him the worse it will be when you eventually break up with him

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes