My ex of 7 years is ill. What should I do?

My ex is potentially very sick. She'll have testing done soon. We recently broke up for good after 7 years and a child. She has been deceitful and has hidden things for the past 4 years which has caused us to be off and on. I've tried looking past it all and making it work but she continues to hide things ans lie. I finally decided to move on. Now she's messaging me and calling b/c she might be very sick. I don't know how to handle this. She's proven to me that she would rather talk and be with everyone else but now she wants me attention when she had it fully for so long. Why should I care now? Shouldn't she ask one of her new "boy toys" to sit with her at the hospital or emergency room? It feels unfair to me emotionally to pull me in when times are hard but diss me when things are good. I want to be there for her b/c I still. love her ans care, but I don't want to be used as her emotional dumpster. What do you think?

72

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm sorry, what a difficult situation to be in.

I agree with you, it is so unfair for her to take advantage of you and manipulate her way back into your life. She's mistreated you for a very long while and now expects you to be by her side? That's doesn't sound right to me.

As much as you care about her, you deserve to put yourself first. I'd only pay her one visit if she does become very ill and you feel it will give you peace of mind. Good luck.