Employment with my ex boyfriend?

Recently I have gotten a temporary job offer until school starts back up in October... It's paying &19 an hour.. my ex has been working there for over a year. We haven't been on good terms since we broke up 3 months ago, I'm blocked on Facebook/phone. He has vowed to never wanting to see me again and all his friends work up there with him. I'm afraid to take the job simply because I don't want to be thought of as a stalker or intentionally getting that job just because he is there, AND OF COURSE DRAMA. What are some suggestions on how to deal with this situation... ? Yikes for me.

(Should I take the job... OR NAH)
  • Take job
    Vote A
  • Don't take job
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I would take it. I'll be damned if I'm missing out on $19/hr over somebody I'm not even fucking anymore. Please...

Ignore him and make your money...

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• Taking the job is a recipe for disaster. There will be drama, tension and problems. Most likely some if not all will lose their jobs after endless problems. A temporary job doesn't at all seem worth all the BS you will certainly endure.

0|0
    0|0
  • Would you be working directly with your boyfriend?

0|0
    0|0
    • There's four departments...

• If you won't be working directly with him then take the job. You do your job, mind your business and stay out of his way. If he says anything, you just say that you're there for the $19/hour, and keep it moving. If his friends say anything you say the same thing. You're there for business and that's it.

• Okay. Thanks

What Girls Said 2

• I vote don't take it. It will create unnecessary tension and drama.

0|0
    0|0
    • The only thing that keeps me from not taking it is that 19 an hour... Really stumps me. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh fuck him man lol

• Don't take it. I have to work with my ex and it's a very tense atmosphere. Sometimes I feel anxious going into work because it's very difficult to avoid him or be pleasant. He only works part time whereas I do full time so there's no way I'm willing to leave my job. I have heard he is moving on to another job sometime in the near future. Couldn't happen soon enough. Money is not as important as mental well being.

1|0
    0|0
    • Okay... I appreciate your opinion.. He would feel awkward not me. I just didn't want drama. Plus honestly if I start there he might quit lol. His fault

Recommended myTakes