Advice for getting over the one that got away?

I've been hung up on the same guy for the last 7 or 8 months, I haven't spoken to him in over a year, what had happened was He liked me at one point and I didn't notice until a friend pointed it out and I was dating someone and we broke up and then dated two other people right after basically back to back which wasn't intentional but in that time he kinda just disappeared and as lame as it maybe everyday I wish that he contacted me in some sort of way and I can't get him out of my mind and it's starting to eat me alive. Does anyone have any tips on how to get over someone? Also even when my day is packed and I'm doing stuff that should keep my mind distracted he still manages to slip into my mind. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. .-. Also I apologize for my atrocious grammar, in all honesty I'm to lazy to fix it because I'm using a touch screen.

11

Most Helpful Guy

• well, take this advice from someone much older. When I was in college I met a girl who was going to be a senior in hs and we connected in an amazing way. Since I was about 6 or 7 years older then her, I hesitated on calling her. To this very day, whenever I am reminded of her, I often go through several weeks of thoughts of what might have been. SO - if this other guy you are thinking of was that special, call him. IF you have feelings for him, then you need to tell the guy you are dating now that you need to find out what you want. IF you are thinking of the other guy and going out with someone, it is not fair to either, but mainly not to yourself. You are young, there is time ahead, but when you get older, and you realize that the one who you might have shared a life with got away because you were scared to call, it is too late.

• Thankfully I'm not dating anyone it's the main reason why I'm not and I don't have a way to contact him sadly which is what kills.