Would you break up with a guy if he hit you?

But you knew he wasn't in control.

So this was a couple years ago now and i am over it i am just a bit curious on what other people would do in this situation.

So i took my girlfriend shopping and let her buy about $200 worth of things on me, we went all the way out to LA to do this (about an hours drive) and when we got back to her place she started complaining about some of the things she brought and saying that she wants to take them back now, i told her no because its too far away and i have to go pick up my daughter, she kept complaining and i got really annoyed and all i remember was yelling at her then i blacked out and woke up at my house (happened a bit when i got angry, bipolar) and apparently i had hit her and then stormed out and went home, she broke up with me because of this even though she knew that i wasn't in control. What would you do if this happened to you?
Ps- I did apologized to her a billion times and i have gotten help so nobody else is in any danger

227

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it depends. I have had other people hit me before, so I have a lot of anger about that sort of thing. But I love my boyfriend- I think if he hit me once and apologised LOADS and tried lots to make up for it, I would forgive him, but if it ever happens again then that is the end.
    If it was our kids or something like that though, one strike then you're out :o