End of a 2 year relationship-one last chance?

I dated a guy for 2 years, the last part of it was kind of bad but i still loved him. we were each other's firsts and he broke up with me on monday. he likes somebody else and they have been talking for a few weeks according to mutual friends. we have already returned each others stuff and he said that he wants me to save everything he gave back as a memory. he still sleeps with the bear that i gave him and says that he is still in love with me but not happy anymore. he says that he wants to stay good friends and that i have to text him all the time and we will still hang out and that when i find someone new he wants to hear all about it but he is excited to see me independent. when i call or text him he doesn't seem to want to talk or hang out. when we returned our stuff we kept kissing too. i just want one more chance to fix things instead of letting these last two years go to waste. when i ask he says no, and then i brought up the idea of dating someone else and when that doesn't work we try again and he said maybe. how do i get my last chance?

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I think your ex made a very important and wise decision (that's something that is way ahead of his age).

But that's not why you made the post, you want to get him back in spite of his wish. Okay, are you ready to change? Your ex doesn't have a problem with the way you look - it's the way you behave and think, if you value him over all of your beliefs, then start a Cartesian quest to weigh on all your beliefs and remove the ones that may hamper any chances you have with reconciling with your ex.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• He has made up his mind. U should too. He is serious about that new girl although he cares about u. He is not really enjoying the relationship. U also need to give urself a fair shot at other relations. Being friend can't be easy with ex, especially when u still love him. Also talking and hanging out with u can ruin his current relation. Decide for urself.

0|0
    0|0
  • You ought to just walk away. It seems this guy is leading you on, being hot and cold, Now that he isn't with you he is realizing that he misses you. But if he wanted to make the relationship work he would have gone out of his way to do it. Instead he let things fall off, now he is all hugs and loves.

If I were you, just walk away. Two years in the grand scheme of life is not really all that much time. Now it seems like that, but there is more to life than hanging on to someone who isn't good for you. Him having you text him all the time is his way of keeping tabs on you. When you break up with someone, even if its mutual you have to give yourself time to get over things. Otherwise you two are just hanging around each other and causing more heart ache.

0|0
    0|0
  • The best thing you can do for you is to mourn the loss of the relationship, take time for you to learn you and what you want/need, heal and move on. I know it isn't what you want to hear.
    You are young as is he. You both have tons of changes to go through. Don't hold yourself down over this. You will find more out there. He needs change, let him.
    He is moving on, I suggest you do the same. You will drift apart, but its OK.
    Look forward to what life will bring you, but you have to get out there and experience life in order for it to happen.
    Hurt for now, that is OK and normal.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• You don't. Move on

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes