Would this be a valid reason to breakup with someone?

My boyfriend of three months broke up with me a week ago because of I joke I showed him when we were in the talking stage of our relationship. The joke was in reference to wine and it said: "Men are like fine wine. They start out as grapes, and it is up to the women to stomp the crap out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with." When I showed him this joke I didn't think anything of it, then while I was on vacation he called me and said we should end things because my heart is messed up for finding this joke funny. He blocked me on Facebook when I tried to tell him how I felt and said I need to work on myself because there are deep underlying issues with me. What do you think about this situation?

105

Most Helpful Guy

• I think your ex was a good man for depriving you of his melancholy.