Why do women get a man quickly after a long relationship and why does she brag about it so much?

A good friend of mines has an ex (which I'm friends with as well) and they broke up after 4 years together, and within a week she started dating a guy, I feel sorry for him, and I don't know what to tell him, she brags about him, and says how perfect he is. Any suggestions to why she is doing that? Also I was told as a child that a woman breaks up with you months before she actually does. That she doesn't leave a nest until another is built. Is that true? Thanks you guys.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• This is a common psychological response. All this means is that you meant a lot to her. She is in the denial stage. Because she is no longer with you, it has left a sense of emptiness within her. She brags about her new boyfriend so much as a way of reassurance or self confirmation. Bragging helps her to focus on something other than her past relationship with you. All i can advice to you is to not worry about it. Her relationship with him will more than likely not last very long because she is with him in order to get over you. She is not with him out of love

0|0
    0|0

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• Rebound! She doesn't want people getting the idea that you left her, or that she was the problem. If she can quickly and easily find someone new, it's proof to herself more than anyone else that she is worthy of dating.

1|0
    0|0
  • maybe she wants to spite him

0|0
    0|0
  • 1. Its the rebound effect.
    2. To make the former guy jealous.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• She wants to make you jealous, which is really mean. You got dumped, and then have the new replacement rubbed in your face? That's not mature. She's trying to spite you. You are better off without this crazy. No one likes girls who can't be mature with people's feelings. Go find someone that actually cares when you're ready again, whenever that may be.

1|0
    0|0
Loading... ;