Did I really ruin a family? Will he leave?

Hi I've just turned 18, and 4 months ago I met this amazing guy we have so much in common and hit it off straight away, insane chemistry. He's 26, but the thing is, he had a girlfriend at home pregnant and had a daughter. We were at the same birthday party and got too drunk and couldn't help ourselves, I almost fell in love straight away, and I couldn't keep away from him vice versa, a week later he left his partner for me, she's made our lives hell. We started living together at his mums a month into the relationship, I still contacted her until then but since we've lived together I've told him no contact unless it's about baby stuff but she always texts and calls him before and I got sick of it and told him no more cell phone and block her on Facebook so he did. He doesn't love her at all, and wants to spend his life with me. I have heard that she was really good to him and I understand she's heartbroken but she's just not letting it go. Their baby is due in 3 months and I'm scared, I'm trying to act happy and supportive for him but I hate his ex because I know she will try get him back and use their baby, I don't have kids of my own I'm 18 but I'm very mature. I'm sure I can trust him but I won't trust her with him on her own when their baby is born. What can I do? To prevent him leaving me? We live together and I feel great now but are things likely to really change?

49

Most Helpful Guy

• You're 18 and this guy is 26 with a baby already, another en route but also cheated on his then girlfriend with you. Point being, is this issue really that difficult for you to comprehend? This is not a difficult decision as you cease contact with everyone in that entire situation, steer clear of each and every one of them and move on with your life while hopefully meeting someone without that much baggage.

I am fairly sure you won't heed any advice on here anyhow and will simply continue to go after this guy but consider this: If he has two kids and a girlfriend and abandons them to have sex with you, what do you think he's going to do with you, a person who he has not a single shred of connection (baggage wise) with? In other words, he will drop you as soon as the next best thing comes up so my advice stands: move on... quickly.

Most Helpful Girl

• "I don't have kids of my own I'm 18 but I'm very mature. ".
    You are not mature.
    Mature people know how to put their selfish needs aside, look at situations for what they are,
    and make decisions that will not negatively affect them/others.
    You walked into a situation knowing the damage and destruction that
    could possibly occur from this.
    Just like she treated him good, and he left her.
    In time, he will do that to you.
    Do not be a fool!
    Your poor choices will come back to haunt you.

"What can I do? To prevent him leaving me?"
    Nothing!
    I'm sure the mother of his child asked herself to the same questions at one point.
    If a man wants to tray he will tray.
    Nothing you do or say will prevent that.

Walk away from the situation while you can (because you have no attachments to him).
    Enter into a relationship with someone who is single and not involved with any one else.