Why do guys break up with you so hurtfully and then continue to be jerks?

Why do guys break up with you so harshly and then continue to treat you like dirt after the fact? Esp when nothing bad happened? My ex lost his job and fell into a depression. He dumped me coldly, saying he felt like a loser and a failure. Since then he is like a different person, ignoring me, speaking to me in a harsh tone. My friend said a few guys were asking him about me and he flat out pretended he didn't know me and wouldn't give them any info. It is so hurtful...

13

Most Helpful Guy

• He probably had other underlying reasons apart from his depression, otherwise there isn't really a point to being hostile.

• His depression is a big part - he is emotionally unstable. There is no reason for him to be hostile. I think his unwillingness to give guys info about me is because he is being territorial, not so much hostile. I think he is pissed at how his life is turning out and he is pushing me as far away as he possibly can.