Guys can you answer this? Will we ever get back together?

We got together a few days ago and then he sends me this:Zoe, there is something I need to tell you, as you know I've just been in a relationship with raine, and I didn't handle the breakup very good, and im afraid im not ready for a serious relationship just yet, don't get me wrong, I like you and everything, and I love hanging out with you, but im just not ready yet, I just need some more time, I hope you understand, and I hope that we can take things slow, and hopefully I will be ready for one soon, and I hope that we can just be friends for now. Please understand... I feel so bad now... because I really do like you, and I don't want to hurt your feelings... :( I hope we can still be friends, and still watch movies together and talk on here and on ts. All I need is some time... Does this mean he will ask me out again when he is over her? I mean I REALLY like him and I understand it takes time to get over a years long relationship. So do you think he will ever ask me out again?
by the way he is 20, 21 in a couple of months. (I don't know if this matters)

03

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes he will when he is ready the real question is are you willing to wait for him. He could be over it in a week, a month, a few months, a year, or maybe even longer. The way to help him come your way faster is just by being there for him and comforting him. Hug him a lot it has a lasting effect on us guys. The fact that he was that open with you is incredible though it sounds to me as he is worth the wait and your relationship with him will be long and lasting

• I would wait forever and a day for him, he is the best thing to happen to me in 16 years. We can only really communicate via Facebook, Skype and the internet at the moment as he is over sea atm

• Thanks, you have been a great help!

• Update.
      He got back with his ex, who is now making my life a living hell. :(
      Great advise tho :)