How do you let someone down easy?

I've been dating someone for about a year and I'm going to be moving soon. She wants to come with me and at first I was okay with it, but now, I'm not so sure. She's really needy and a bit of a control freak. Also, she beats assurance out of me and makes me feel guilty about what I need. What would be the best way to break this off without feeling like the asshole of the universe?

42

Most Helpful Girl

• Whatever you do, explain to hear the honest truth that you do not want her in your life moving forward. I think if you say the truth it will be better in the long term. It may hurt her at the time but she'll be able to move on. Do not let her hanging or hoping that you'll be back or that you want her to wait for you.