How to break up with the boyfriend of almost six months?

I like this guy A LOT, but four months into dating him I had to leave for two months and now that I am back I have found that I don't care for him like a boy friend any more. Its turned into a friendship and I don't like pretending to care for him that way any more. How should I break up with him, and can I keep our friendship?

11

Most Helpful Guy

• No need to keep a friendship, he won't want that even if he says he does. He will always want you romantically. Tell him exactly what you've said up there. You just don't feel the same anymore and you're breaking up with him. Nice and clean. Then if he has a problem or is hanging on, break off all contact. And I do mean ALL contact.

• Thanks! It stinks that I can't keep our friendship but, I'll do just that.