Should I delete my ex from facebook?

Not going to get into too much detail -- but he broke my heart. So should I delete/block him? I've already unfollowed him on Twitter -- and he made a big deal out of it.
Thoughts? Why or why not?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Depending on how he broke your heart and his respect level I would say this is fully a decision you have to make on your own without any outside influence advising you. For me, personally, whenever a break up has taken place I remove all traces of the ex to aid the healing process and, perhaps at a later date, will become on friendly terms again when the issue has blown over (and it will - it just takes time). I would suggest you follow suit, ignore him in totality and move forward with your life/put yourself out there to date again. Rejection and break ups are one of the most difficult things people deal with and while we all differ in how we handle the issue, we all (typically) have one thing in common and that is a need to distance ourselves during the process. That said, I suggest you do just that if you feel strongly about it.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. And you shouldn't let him make a big deal out of anything because you shouldn't be in contact with him at least not while you're still upset over the break up. Good luck.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• Do you want to keep him as a friend? Go in to some detail as to what happened it may help with the decision.

0|0
    0|0
  • honestly this is up to you. but if he got mad that you unfollowed him on twitter, he may still have something for you lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • I recommend deleting all ex's until you feel completely over them which I'd say would be at least a year and probably closer to two or three years, then after that you can add them back if you want. Fact is, they were really important to you at one time so it's good to have them on there at some point to remind you of that.

I guess it all depends on the person though. For me, what counts is how much compassion and respect was shown towards me at the end of the relationship. So, even if I was hurt during the relationship, but shown compassion and respect at the end of it... I'll be appreciative after a while. On the other hand, if the relationship was good but the break up was completely brutal with no respect or compassion shown towards me, ie blame and punishment instead, I likely won't ever find myself able to appreciate my ex and would keep them deleted off of Facebook for good.

0|0
    0|0
  • Remove him! You can't heal with him hanging around. Let him make a big deal. He can get over it.

0|0
    0|0
  • do it, you don't need him checkin' up on you.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Of course. How can you move on otherwise?

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes