I am starting to feel like breaking up with my ex was the biggest mistake?

So I dated my ex for about 2 and a half years. He was my first almost everything, first person I slept with, first love and first real boyfriend. He was in the military and he was deployed overseas for 7 months of our relationship and I stayed with him. He was a great boyfriend, but there were somethings he did that weren't good. He spoke to me and to my family about me in a condescending way, I was never right. I also started drifting from him. I figured it was time to end things when I started saying "ok I saw him today, now I don't have to see him till Saturday" I should want to see him everyday. So I ended things, I was good for a while dated (no real relationship tho) for a while but now I am single. He has had a serious relationship for about 3 years now. I know he cares about me a lot, and we almost got back together a year or so ago when he told me him and his gf broke up but really he was still dating her, so he cheated on her with me when I told him I didn't want to talk to him anymore because that was not okay, he sent me this long text message saying how he doesn't feel the same about her as he did me, we have a special connection since I stayed with him during his deployment. But I was too angry at the time to accept it, and told him it would be best if we went our separate ways. But now lately I have been feeling like I made a huge mistake.. all the guys I have dated after him haven't really cared about me, didn't put effort into me like he did. Am I missing him? or the idea of an relationship?

11