Does no contact actually work on you guys?

I really want my ex boyfriend to want me back. I want him to regret breaking up with me but I'm not sure if it will work. I've tried talking to him, tried being his friend and it hurts too much.

I just want him to realize that I am not the horrible person he made me out to be in his mind. He seems to be trying to justify breaking up with me. In the last few months of our relationship he made himself completely unhappy and started arguments with me whenever things started to seem better.

I have been wanting a second chance for a month and a half. Even if I don't get a second chance I want him to realize and admit to himself that I was the best girlfriend he ever had and that the new girls he only likes because they like to party and do drugs.

He started partying hard after the breakup and is now doing some serious drugs. He had a plan for his life and is now throwing it all away. He gave me a ton of bullshit excuses when we broke up. The first was that he needed time to think and asked me to wait for him. The second was that he wasn't good enough for me because he feels like the only things he is good at are illegal. The third was that he didn't love me anymore (yet a couple of hours before that he said he still loved me). Fourth was that he wanted to be free and not have to worry about someone else, just himself, he also told me he would never try and open relationship because I would get mad if he flirted with other girls. The last reason he gave me was that I treated him like a slave and like shit. Which I didn't.

I just don't know what I can do to make him stop thinking like that, to miss me and wish he hadn't broken up with me.
Any suggestions?

Does no contact actually work on you guys? I don't want to play mind games with the guy, and I don't necessarily even want a relationship with him anymore after the way he treated me. I just want him to see that I'm not a bad person and he made a mistake, maybe even have him apologize.

I know no contact is also used to get over the person. I am trying to move on. I just want some opinions on if it will make him regret his choices... I'm not obsessing over it even though it seems like I am I don't think about it all the time.

17

Most Helpful Guy

• The goal of 'no contact' isn't to trick the ex into taking you back. The goal of 'no contact' is to allow you time to mourn the loss of the relationship and move on. Which is what you need to do

• I have been doing that and I have been mourning the loss. I just wan't to know if while I'm healing even more if he will start to miss me. Also is it true a guy usually doesn't miss their ex until a month or a couple of months after the breakup?

• It all depends on the guy. Usually the dumper is over the relationship way before they break up