How do I tell my parents and friends that I just broke up?

So my girl and I have mutual friends and we just broke up. How do I tell our friends and my parents that we broke up?

12

Most Helpful Girl

• Well that depends on where you two stand. If you want to stay friends then tell them it didn't work out. If you don't want to stay friends or it is too hard to do so then say the same thing your parents if they ask why, tell them whatever you want to but friends its different. I'm not saying tell two stories. I'm saying that if you want to vent. Go to your parents. The last thing you'd want to do is embarrass her and make friend situations awkward in the future. Biggest thing is : be honest. Just know not everyone needs to know details. Saying " it didn't work out" and saying I don't want to talk about it should suffice. Hope I helped a little :)