Why guys ignore girls?

So my boyfriend and I broke up a few weeks ago. At first we was still sending sweet texts and saying good morning and goodnight and all that. I asked him if we might be able to work things out an he said he didn't know cause he can't deal with the fighting. He said he won't ever not talk to me it might be later down the road but goodbye is not forever. Then all of a sudden he started ignoring me. Won't respond to my texts at all or if he does it's a random "what do you want" I asked him if he just wanted me to stop texting or talking to him and let him go and he says nothing, asked if we were completely done or if we might be able to work this out or if he just doesn't want to he says nothing. He won't respond about anything and it's so hurtful. We have been together for a year and it's just hard to walk away but it's also so hard to be ignored and he knows that. Is he answering my questions by not answering my questions?

35

Most Helpful Guy

• Probably doing the "No Contact Rule"... did you break up with him or did he break up with you?
    Were you disrespectful? Or did you ignore him first?
    here's my situation; I got dumped about 2 months ago. First week and half she (SB) was call calling and texting "I miss you" "have a good day" etc when I would do the same to her she asked for time and space. Next thing I know she unfriended me on facebook. SB said it was too hard to for her to see the pictures of us together, & that she had a lot of mixed feelings. She said we were broken up and that she needed time to sort everything out. I told her "Okay have a good day let me know if you need anything" 2-3 days later she adds me back as a friend.

I should known then just do deny the request but I still love this chick so I accepted. Couple more weeks go by and its still Hot and cold. One minute he's reaching out saying "hey", "good night" "i miss scaring you" I was trying to do the no contact but then she sends a text "So are we not talking anymore" I was dumb and replied "yes I've just been busy" next day I text her and she starts ignoring me.

About 3-4 weeks, ago she (SB) starts putting status on Facebook like "WTF", "really" "loving life" "what a great weekend" etc which she really had never done before most of her status have been about her daughter. During this whole time my friends and family have been trying to cheer me up hanging out taking me out to try and get my mind of things and of course pictures and posts with me tagged in them.

2 weeks ago I noticed that SB liked some of my status' and pictures so naturally i start browsing through hers because I still miss her and her daughter. She posted a few pictures of them and I liked them. Next thing I know I'm Blocked.

Why can SB like my posts but I couldnt do the same? I miss this girl and I still love her, would love a second chance but I'm finally getting to the point where I can't take it anymore dont know what else to do but ingnore

Most Helpful Girl

• I mean he is answering your questions by not answering them; you probably won't get back together at this stage. But the reason he is ignoring you rather than just telling you no is probably because he hasn't decided for himself yet. He doesn't know, and so he freaks out when you text him and just ignores you.

I still think you should move on. You deserve somebody who knows exactly how they feel about you :)