Help with moving on and the No Contact rule?

I recently broke up with my fiance. Packing up my things and leaving was the hardest thing I have ever had to do. I find myself still being in love with him and missing him. And I HATE that! I shouldn't miss him, I should hate him (he cheated on me A LOT)! So I decided that the only way I would be able to move on was if I stopped talking to him altogether. He calls and texts me every day and it is just SO hard not to pick up or text him back. He still wants to make this work and part of me feels like I do too but I KNOW that it wouldn't. I know that I could never trust him again and the damage he did was just far beyond repair.

So I really need some help with this whole no contact thing. Sometimes I can't control myself and I'll pick up or text him back. I can't change my number because I am on his phone plan. So what can I do to make it easier not talking to him? And what can I do to help me move on? I'm just so hurt and confused right now... I would really appreciate any help or support. Thank you so much!

24

Most Helpful Guy

• Well thats the first thing you need to change, get off his phone plan. Then once you get that done, block his number, You can't call him either. Then block and delete him on all social media and email.

You are going to have a hard time getting through the first couple of weeks, I remember when I broke up with my first fiance it was hard. She would call and text and IM me all the time. We would talk normally, as long as things about relationships didn't come up. I eventually broke off contact with her because it was causing me so much heart ache, but once that happened things got better for me, and I healed. Thats what you need, time to heal. But point is he didn't respect you, or your relationship enough to keep it in his pants. If he has a girl that wants to spend the rest of her life with him why did he go outside the relationship, and if he cheated a lot how are you ever going to trust him.

Get off his plan, get your own, get your own place, move in with mom and dad, whatever. But you need to break things off. he realizes that he can't have his cake and eat it to. He feels bad because he got caught, not because he did something wrong. Idiots like this are a dime a dozen. Im sorry baby, I didn't mean it, I won't do it again, I miss you, I dont want to lose you. You never had him if he was sleeping around behind your back. Once you make it hard for him to contact you, just live life. Hang out with friends and do things for you. It will hurt, but you will get better over time.