Unsure of what I should do with my Ex-Girlfriend. Any advice would be awesome!!?

So here is the situation that I am currently facing. My ex and I have been dating for a little over 2 1/2 years. We have an amazing connection that neither of us have shared with anyone else. For the last 9 months I have been faced with a financial crisis and I did not handle it well. I was barely keeping my head above water with bills, not to mention that I did not have the money to shell out for dates that I wanted to take her on, or trips that we wanted to go on. So around 3 1/2 weeks ago she becomes very cold and distant and finally I asked her what the deal was. She told me that she was done! She couldn't handle our situation anymore and that she cares for me and loves me but she couldn't do this anymore. Now of course I am heartbroken because this is the woman of my dreams and everything has come crashing down around me. We live in the same apartment building and we have run into each other a couple of times (I admit one time I did crack and told her how I felt after about 2 weeks) but for the most part I have done NC for the last 3 1/2 weeks.

Her BFF tells me that she is only doing what is best for her financial and what is necessary to secure her future. I am currently focusing on myself and working my butt off (60 hours per week) to get myself back to financial independence. I am working out and trying to stay busy but I cannot get her off of my mind. If this were any other women I would have simply learned from this, licked my wounds and would have walked away by now. However, I believe down to my very soul that this girl is my match in every way possible, and I cannot give up on us.

I need advice on where to go from here. I want her back so badly but I want to do it the right way, and if you think I should just walk away, then let me know. Either way, I want for both of us to be happy.

20