How do you deal with breakups right after they happened?

I know I'll be fine and I know I'll find someone else. I know all that. But even knowing that, it just really really hurts right now.

I just ended things with my bf for the right reasons. He didn't love me after being together for almost 2 years. If he doesn't love me by now, then he never will.

And that hurts. That hurts so much. Once I get over this hurt, I won't care about him abymkte.

But how do I deal with this heart break in the meantime? How do I make it hurt less?

Please help.

45

Most Helpful Guy

• Everyone thinks that love hurts, but the truth is that rejection hurts. It makes us feel small. Unworthy. It makes us think that something is wrong with us. Also... when you end things with a person, it's natural to feel hurt. To end it, the most helpful ways are inventing distractions. Take up a new hobby, watch new TV shows, Take classes of things that you love, Socialize with your girl friends, Go for a little shopping spree, because lets face it, Nothing cheers up a woman like shopping. Also, when you do introspect about your relationship, don't stop. Just think about it. It was a one way thingy. You forgot how it felt to have someone love and care for you and when that person didn't, you still continued to love him. Some things are just not meant to be. Nonetheless, when you do meet the right person, you'll laugh about the time when you were this sad. And who knows? Maybe this breakup will lead to you picking up new hobbies and turning into a more awesome person? There's a silver lining everywhere. Just gotta look for it. Hope this helped :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Hope u r ready for some strong words, i'm telling u in advance so that u won't get hurt. Because I've done "research" on breakups (mostly by experience and not in theory), so I know exactly what u r going through. U r feeling bad bcoz u still love him, though it was u who broke up with him. So there could be one of the following 2 things:
    1. He still loves you. If he does, then it must be for a practical reason that he's not showing his love, and I feel u could stick on with him and work out a relationship - that is ONLY if you still love him.
    2. He doesn't love you. I think you have wasted too much time expecting him to love you. I would advise to please move on. And don't feel guilty. He didn't love you in the first place, so he had no right to lead you on till now.

So, please do some hard thinking, keeping ego aside, and deal with the real issues, and if possible reunite. if you are very sure, then don't look back. I'm sure you won't feel bad for the breakup after that!