My wife has left me because I have a sexual addiction after 18 years of marige?

I'll try to make sense I hope. I have a sexual addiction of which I have put Amanda through for the last 18 years of marriage , I lookup sexual related material on the computer and on my phone and I have pictures in my shed every where , my wife 7 days ago I know what I have done was wrong and has hurt her and ruined any trust that she had to me. Since she left my heart has been ripped out just like what I've done to my wife, karma on me I guess in know I've done wrong. The first couple of days I took her flowers and tried to tell her that I'm sorry and that I love her but I feel like it's just pushing her away from me. I don't want to lose her or the kids, since Amanda left me I've been to the doctor for medication to help me calm down and to the family help centre for help which I have told them every thing. I'm now trying to see a psychologist for help I've also made contact with a group called sexual addiction anomose a bit like AA. I gave my kids my phone and computer and they deleted everything off then the kids and me helped me burn everything else the was sexual related. I want Amanda to know that I really am trying to make a change and that I want to change fore the better. I just want my wife back I fell like she has just given up and doesn't want to bother with me I don't know how to get her back I don't know what I should do or even be doing I want help and I know I need help what do I do we were a family should we be working this out as a family HELP
I was brought up in a very degrading childhood now I'm doing the same to my wife and kids I don't even know that I'm doing it treating the people that I love like this I hated my parents for a long time because of this I didn't want to do the same
Thanks Factualgirl I may have pressed the wrong link on your answer don't know what the ^symbol is
I've suggested that we go somewhere together (marige councile ) but she is just blocking me out

40

Most Helpful Girl

• It sounds like you are doing everything you can to change. Maybe you just need to give your wife some space for now, because she probably doesn't believe that you will change. Just keep working on your issues and show her that you can change. I think she will come around eventually

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I'm trying to give her some space but we still need to talk about other everyday issues and the kids etc missing her so much I hope your right in that she will see I'm trying to change