Is it possible to be friends with your ex right after a break up?

My boyfriend and I broke up and I said that we should probably give it some space and just think about it but he says that we should be friends and talk anyways.
What do I do? Is that normal? Can it work out?

36

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh it can work out. As long as neither one of you dates another person. You'll find out real quick how "friends" work after a break up when he completely cuts off all communications after you go out with a new guy. It's human nature to be territorial. So be careful. Good luck :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I always find that just because two people break up, doesn't Always mean it's: Goodbye, my love. Obviously this is the case with you and you and your 'Ex,' Jessa...
    Yes, it's More Common today, and I don't know if you were having 'Relations,' but let's say you were, he is just into a 'friends with benefits' factor, No strings Attached now. This is what he wants, no questions asked.
    It's your choice, your call, of course, but Never a guarantee that you will both go back to the "The way we were."
    Yes, I agree with you------Give it some space and just think about it.
    Good luck. xx