Is it possible to be friends with your ex right after a break up?

My boyfriend and I broke up and I said that we should probably give it some space and just think about it but he says that we should be friends and talk anyways.
What do I do? Is that normal? Can it work out?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh it can work out. As long as neither one of you dates another person. You'll find out real quick how "friends" work after a break up when he completely cuts off all communications after you go out with a new guy. It's human nature to be territorial. So be careful. Good luck :)

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I always find that just because two people break up, doesn't Always mean it's: Goodbye, my love. Obviously this is the case with you and you and your 'Ex,' Jessa...
    Yes, it's More Common today, and I don't know if you were having 'Relations,' but let's say you were, he is just into a 'friends with benefits' factor, No strings Attached now. This is what he wants, no questions asked.
    It's your choice, your call, of course, but Never a guarantee that you will both go back to the "The way we were."
    Yes, I agree with you------Give it some space and just think about it.
    Good luck. xx

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• if u both establish that u can be friends then use , but right after the break if u aren't being friends to get them back its pretty hard trust me i should i know i am playing the friend role as i type this to get my girlfriend back, its pretty hard

0|0
    0|0
  • Its perfectly normal and can work out well.
    Question is: what do you want? Do you feel you need space or do you believe this is like "standard procedure" after breaking up? If you feel you'd like to keep him as a friend already, then go for it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why did you break up?

0|0
    0|0
  • it is for some people, personaly i couldn't.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not a good idea!

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

Recommended myTakes