Would you get back with your bf/gf if you broke up for a little while but they hooked up with someone else in the meantime?

even if it was just a casual hook up, not dating or spending any time together nothing like that... literally just hooking up with the person. would you feel hurt and betrayed? would you forgive the person and still want to be with them if you loved them enough?

54

Most Helpful Guy

• maybe. it would depend on how long the break was.

I wouldn't and couldn't consider it cheating but lets just say it was only a week long break, I would wonder why in that week that we were on a break (presumably to get our heads straight) the person felt drawn and the need to go out and hook up with someone.

• it would depend on the how long the break was and the reason for the break

• clearly he needs help. but why is what I did so bad? if I am willing to forgive him and I was HONEST with him when he didn't deserve a damn thing from me, why can he not forgive me? he's completely blocked me on every form of communication possible. do you think he will ever forgive me? he said he needs to forget about me completely and has even blocked my friends and family. do you think he needs to just calm down or should I just forget it and move on?

• it's not so bad. it's just a blow to his ego. essentially he just feels like you aren't the "pure" idyllic person that he saw you as because you hooked up with someone else. I think you need to move on. between him being physically violent with you and then unrealistic expectations about what you're supposed to when single (and when he's not responding) it just sounds like this guy is way too much maintenance.

Most Helpful Girl

• I am gonna get hated for this but first...

I am still very in love with my ex and if he did this, I couldn't love him anymore.

I am not seconds. Not your trash that you can return to when you want.

So as much as it kills me (which it does) I would have to say no.

• if he did what specifically? hit you? or everything I mentioned (ignoring my phone calls and texts for a month, not reaching out to me, etc)?

• STOP IT.

This is what abuse victims do!! They blame it on themselves!! "but why is what I did so bad? " Nothing. You did nothing wrong. He is messed up. Nothing you can do for him. Just forget it and move on. Yuo can't help fucked up people.