Men, is there any good reason to contact your ex if you have no desire to reconcile?

FYI... we have no children together. I have told him we cannot be friends. I told him there is no chance for ex sex. So, what is the need to keep in touch after close to a year of being broken up?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think you can just give someone a piece of your heart and then not let them grow on you...

A lot of my exes (almost all), I still like as persons. I have positive feelings towards them. Maybe I'll not want to get back into a sexual relationship again (the feelings of the past have changed), but I still like them.

Not a question of wanting anything here, other than friendship maybe...

0|0
    0|0
    • Yep... I get that. We were together a very long time and I cannot be his friend and I've told him that. It hurts too much. :(

• I guess there's a feeling of anger and rejection if the breakdown was one-sided. In my cases, it was mostly the recognition that things would not work beyond a point... and I accept that!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• Maybe he's lonely and just wants company. Or he doesn't believe you when you tell him nothing will happen in the future. If he doesn't eventually stop or you get sick of it just ignore any future texts/calls.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have no idea but I still get people messaging me years after an argument or just growing apart, people just dont get over people as easily as others.

Not sure why either of you would iniate a convo, can't even be friends lol

0|0
    0|0
  • You have answered your own question.
    No need for you to initiate communication.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes... I get that. I don't initiate it... he does. I don't know why.

• Your X is sometimes the best person to talk to about certain situations because they often know u well n a side of u that people on your good side will be too scared to admit.

U can learn a lot from your past

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes... I understand that and believe me, I know him probably better than he knows himself. I however, cannot just talk to him as a friend and he knows that.

What Girls Said 1

• There are several reasons-and it all depends on his character and the reason you broke up.

He wants you back
    He wants to hook up
    ^^For either one of these he wants to play with your head and get you to change your mind, OR he genuinely misses you and wants another chance

Or he could just think you know him in a way others don't and wants to talk to you

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes