Men, is there any good reason to contact your ex if you have no desire to reconcile?

FYI... we have no children together. I have told him we cannot be friends. I told him there is no chance for ex sex. So, what is the need to keep in touch after close to a year of being broken up?

16

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think you can just give someone a piece of your heart and then not let them grow on you...

A lot of my exes (almost all), I still like as persons. I have positive feelings towards them. Maybe I'll not want to get back into a sexual relationship again (the feelings of the past have changed), but I still like them.

Not a question of wanting anything here, other than friendship maybe...

• Yep... I get that. We were together a very long time and I cannot be his friend and I've told him that. It hurts too much. :(

• I guess there's a feeling of anger and rejection if the breakdown was one-sided. In my cases, it was mostly the recognition that things would not work beyond a point... and I accept that!