Why is it that when the woman wants a divorce, she takes such a huge chunk of the man's stuff? What happened to fairness?

So one of my friend is going through a divorce and the one who filed for divorce was the woman. He was telling me how she is going to get his house, that they bought together, and a chunk of his 401k. So my friend now has no place to stay and is bouncing around his friends house for the moment. Why, WHY in god's name is this fair? So the man, who doesn't want a divorce and has never cheated or treated his wife badly is left with barely nothing while the woman, who now has a new boyfriend that she might have been seeing while she was still married, took the house and his money? how the hell is this fair? Women constantly talk about equality, but from my point of view i think the women has more than enough equality. I can't help but feel angry for my friend whos life is in ruins, while his ex wife is running around with her new boyfriend and fuqing in their house with her ex husbands money? Can someone explain this shit to me?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• The thing is, the higher earning person tends to lose out, but people also hide their money and such so it can be tough. What it tends to come down to is a good lawyer.

Now if you'll notice, women avoid lesser earning men like the plague. Ever wonder why "career women" are always single? Well if this "career woman" earns 60k, all potential dating candidates who makes 60k and lower suddenly aren't "worth dating" to her. She wants a "successful man." Truth is, she doesn't wanna lose anything in a divorce. If she cheats on this future husband, she wants to be rewarded for it, not punished. This is basically how a lot of "women" are viewing "equality." Bring up a prenup and suddenly you're such a horrible guy when the truth is, she never loved you and she just wants to profit off of you.

Stories like yours are everywhere. Less and less guys are getting married. All these girls with their wedding fantasies won't settle for the 10000+ white knights out there who are willing to fulfill their fantasy because they don't make enough money.

0|2
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Damn. reality sucks. There must be decent women out there though

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• Marriage is 50/50 so if the roles were reversed and it was the woman's money the man would get half of that too. It doesbt matter about the circumstances because that is the law. Does she have children? Usually if the woman has children living with her she will get more favor because she has to have a roof over their heads. That's marriage my friend, don't rush into it eh?

1|0
    0|0
    • Like when courts unfairly award the woman full custody of the children in a divorce?

• I suppose it depends on the situation, my father didn't want me, my mother brought me up alone with no support from him and while they were married he contributed nothing to the household because he didn't have a job. Everybody is different

• Unfortunately that is the law and my advice to anybody on here test the guy or the girl first before rushing into marriage and of course it's not fair but in America politics trump justice, your literally preaching to the wrong choir...

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't exactly understand why the hell the law is like that but, all I can say is I want to slap that woman. I think it's because if the court refused to give her the house then there would be a hugeeee freaking debate about "equality for women blah blah who cares" because why does he get the house and not her and who knows what else she could come up with, so I think she was just being a bitch and figured out a way to make it seem like "it was only fair" sort of thing. Sorry if that made 0 sense whatsoever.

0|1
    0|0
  • Why would you marry a woman that would even think for a second about taking everything you have?

0|1
    0|0
    • I am sure he didn't think she would. Theyve been married 4 years and seemed really happy until the begining of the 4th year where she served him with papers

• There hand to be signs that she was selfish.

What Guys Said 5

• I'm going through the same thing. She wants everything. My 401k, stock portfolio, military benefits. The house etc tell the guy to get a men's rights atty. it may help. Tell him to also document everything they talk about and to use email so it's in writing.

My atty is going back extremely aggressively and she's already been denied a lot of what she wants. It should be equitable and not unfair. Good luck mate.

0|0
    0|0
  • If this was settled in court surely the man got things as well.

Personal affairs aside, if the woman made more money and bought more stuff and the man filed for divorce, it would still likely be cut down the middle or so.

It is very possible that your friend did end up somehow cheated out of a lot, but a divorce does not simply grant more to the woman by default. That's what the court is for.

0|0
    0|0
  • Once you're married, everything you own is halfway somebody else's. So when you split up with your spouse, you each get half.
    And courts have a tendency to favor females.

0|0
    0|0
  • My dad lived out of a car after my mom took everything from him. The car was owned by her dad, who felt bad for him. She was a working mom who made almost as much as he did, so it wasn't a case of her needing to be compensated for years spent out of the workforce not building her resume or gaining job skills. Now, she was right to file for divorce. I will never hold that against her, but she was a total nutjob who destroyed her relationship with her children by being obsessed with ruining their father's life.

I've convinced myself this plays no role in me still being single, but I'm not sure I can truly dismiss it.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes