Why is it that when the woman wants a divorce, she takes such a huge chunk of the man's stuff? What happened to fairness?

So one of my friend is going through a divorce and the one who filed for divorce was the woman. He was telling me how she is going to get his house, that they bought together, and a chunk of his 401k. So my friend now has no place to stay and is bouncing around his friends house for the moment. Why, WHY in god's name is this fair? So the man, who doesn't want a divorce and has never cheated or treated his wife badly is left with barely nothing while the woman, who now has a new boyfriend that she might have been seeing while she was still married, took the house and his money? how the hell is this fair? Women constantly talk about equality, but from my point of view i think the women has more than enough equality. I can't help but feel angry for my friend whos life is in ruins, while his ex wife is running around with her new boyfriend and fuqing in their house with her ex husbands money? Can someone explain this shit to me?

46

Most Helpful Guy

• The thing is, the higher earning person tends to lose out, but people also hide their money and such so it can be tough. What it tends to come down to is a good lawyer.

Now if you'll notice, women avoid lesser earning men like the plague. Ever wonder why "career women" are always single? Well if this "career woman" earns 60k, all potential dating candidates who makes 60k and lower suddenly aren't "worth dating" to her. She wants a "successful man." Truth is, she doesn't wanna lose anything in a divorce. If she cheats on this future husband, she wants to be rewarded for it, not punished. This is basically how a lot of "women" are viewing "equality." Bring up a prenup and suddenly you're such a horrible guy when the truth is, she never loved you and she just wants to profit off of you.

Stories like yours are everywhere. Less and less guys are getting married. All these girls with their wedding fantasies won't settle for the 10000+ white knights out there who are willing to fulfill their fantasy because they don't make enough money.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Damn. reality sucks. There must be decent women out there though