My ex and I just broke up and he wants his stuff back but I would rather throw it out?

My ex and I recently broke up and we were in a serious relationship for over a year. Long story short: we lived together, he cheated on me, he asked me to move out, after 2 months he begged for me to move back in and he changed, things were fine for a bit then he started to physically and mentally abuse me to a point where I had bruises all over and was afraid to get help and run away. I eventually moved back in with my parents.

After weeks of ignoring me he walks into my parents' house as if nothing happened. I told him to leave and get out. He continually threatened me and started saying harsh things like I should die and I'm a waste of life and his car is worth more than my life. He wanted his car part back but I would much rather sell it or throw it out than give it back to him. Is this wrong of me for wanting to do this?

25

Most Helpful Guy

• If you do anything with the car part other than give it to him, then you give him an incentive to continue bothering you, to tarnish your reputation ("that crazy bitch did this and this!"), and to file a lawsuit that could cost you serious money. While it is understandable that you would want to get revenge on his pathetic ass, this isn't the way to do it. The best way to get revenge is to get yourself a man that is superior to him.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not wrong of you, but you should just give it back. Then you will have him out of your life and he won't cone around looking for his stuff. You need this bastard out of your life, he is the waste of space not you