My boyfriend of over a year broke up with me today. Can you guys give me some advice? Please?

This morning my boyfriend broke up with me. It was because of stupid insecurities. He warned me that if I kept accusing him of lying and cheating that it would push him away. I never stopped.

I asked him if he would let me make it right. But he said that he loved me but we needed to go our separate ways and that if we are meant to be we will be together again.

I feel so foolish.

We have broken up before in the past. He contacted me a week later. But this time I'm not so sure.

36

Most Helpful Girl

• As the saying goes if you love some one set them free if they come back again it's meant to be:) it will get better whether he comes back or not, time heals almost anything just give yourself some time out to relax and think and have some ice cream;) works everytime for me:) don't worry too much everything happens for a reason:)

What Guys Said 6

• I'm Going To Give You My Unlicensed Professional Opinion, Why Did You Accuse Him, Did You See Any Red Flags Or Were You Just Really Insecure? If You Want To Make Things Right Here Is What You Do, Dont Contact Him & Let Him Come Back When He Is Ready, iDont Know If He Is Cheating Or Not, If He Isnt, Then Getting Accused Would Be Annoying & iWould Wanna Leave Too. If He Is Cheating, Maybe Now He Just Wants To Be Free & Do His Own Thing. While You Guys Aren't Together, iSuggest Working On Your Insecurities & Learning To Trust Him More. If He Comes Back & Want To Work Things Out Then You Have To Learn To Trust (Unless You See Some Definite Signs Of Cheating) Him. Dont Wait Around For Him Either, Try & Stay Busy & Stay Occupied. Stay Strong & Stay Positive...

• If you really think he stepped out on you, then it's for the best. If not, then start looking at yourself. He hasn't told you to disassociate, & that he loves you. It's a good sign he's willing to stay in your life somehow. Meantime, you need to focus on those insecurities & get yourself right. Never go into a relationship with unnecessary weight. Get to the bottom of what's causing them, accept or fix them, & take a little time for yourself.

• Well, figure out what makes you / him feel insecure
    about things. I'm sure there is things from both
    sides need worked out. If you two keep breaking up
    maybe you both need take space.

• you pushed him away

• You can't be in a relationship, until you, yourself, are confident enough to handle one. If you accuse someone over and over again (whether they are or not), it's going to push them away (especially when they're not). Until you can be secure enough to be in a relationship, I suggest staying out of one. Notice I said, suggest, not DO. What sort of things are you insecure about, may I ask?

Leave him alone for now. If he feels like he wants you back, he'll come back. Live your life for now, pick up a hobby, meet other men, don't dwell on the past

• you didn't trust him and you pushed him away

What Girls Said 2

• I have been there before and honestly if you can't trust him or he can't trust you and there's always accusations then it's best to break up. You may still love each other but it's not worth staying in a toxic relationship like that.

• It's very hard to be in a relationship and very scary. Many of us let our own fears ruin relationships. That's what you have done. And sometimes it builds so much resentment that it can't be repaired. I am
    Extremely scared of being abandoned. But I was single for a long time and when my fears crept up in dating I made sure to keep it to myself. It was hard but it's better than pushing someone away.