He said he loves me - then breaks up with me the next day - two weeks later is in another relationship?

I started seeing a guy approximately 2 months after him and his ex-girlfriend of 7 years broke up. We didn't get in an official relationship until 2 months after seeing each other and getting to know each other. Once in our relationship, everything was going great. He was going through a lot of financial problems because his ex took him for almost everything and they had two kids together, so transitioning from seeing his kids daily to a few times a month was very difficult for him. I did a lot for this guy. I comforted him, allowed him to vent about everything, I helped him renovate his condo (and paid for most of the work), I paid off his phone bill (he said he would pay me back, but never did) and I tried making every moment together very enjoyable. After a few weeks of dating, he was really going into a deep depression - to the point where it was affecting me (because I really cared for him). I told him I was always going to be there for him. He started drinking a lot more and when he drank he would either get hostile, or express how much he loved me and how I was the best thing that has ever walked into his life. He then started breaking up with me - getting back together - breaking up, etc. It was really messing with my head, because I had no idea what he wanted. Every time I tried to talk about our relationship, he would snap and say "I have too much to deal with than to talk about relationship crap". It got to the point where I was getting so confused and frustrated because I had no idea what he wanted and he was not giving me straight up answers so, I had to just walk away. When I asked him while he was working if I could go to his condo and get my things - he said "okay" so, I took all my things from his condo. He started calling me crazy - he even called the cops on me for taking MY things. After that happened, we stopped talking - two and a half weeks later I noticed that he got in a relationship with someone else. I was so hurt. Why would he do this?

36

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm Going To Give You My Unlicensed Professional Opinion, He More Than Likely Still Thinking About His Past Relationship, The Reason Why You Guys Were Working Out In The BEGINNING Was Because y'all Were Going through The "Honeymoon Phase." EVERY Relationship (For The Most Part) Goes through That. Be Grateful That This Relationship Is Over & For That New Girl He Is Seeing, Things Will Most Likley Go Downhill Too. In Reality He Either Wants His Ex & Kids Back Or Just His Kids. Move On & Find A Man That isn't Going through All The Mess He Was Going Thru, Be Strong & Be Positive...