Did I lose her and are we done now?

My gf and I been together for 2 years or so. In the last few months we took a sharp turn. She has been really unhappy and depressed. It comes down to that I haven't had plans for us and the future and had an emotional connection. She cheated on me with some guy... Already we've had a number of talks about how she is feeling and I kept saying that we need to keep trying. She went to her moms for a bit but came back the next day. I felt like for a few weeks we were doing good. She was laying on me, being close, we were talking close... For a while she'd have her head on my chest, sleep naked together, etc. She initiated a make out sesh and we had sex (after months)... She's been helping me get a new job and concerned about my family and friends. In the last few days she took a sharp turn again, she was reserved, texting privately, taking selfies, and not being close in bed.

Today, I got home and she said she can't do it anymore. She's unhappy. I told her I understand and gave her a big hug. Our kitten was acting very weird, and she said he is stressed because of us. She said she is going to her mom's for the weekend (but fell asleep at home here). We live together... We put on a movie and she fell asleep...

Can I do anything?

61

Most Helpful Girl

• She is sporadic, unpredictable And Is-----Emotionally unstable, sweetie. She is in this full circle pattern, and you can never tell What she will do Today Nor Tomorrow. She has you on a yo you string, hanging by a shoe string, and unless she gets serious Help for her 'Depression,' which I see she Has, you Both will never have a future.
    You need to tell her to pack her things and Stay at 'Her mom's,' or if she refuses to do this, you pack a bag and move out. It's Not going to change, it's only going to get worse, and No-----There is Nothing you can do unless you speak in private with her mom to get this girl some Much needed Professional help.
    Even your 'Kitten' senses something is wrong... Time to put this to bed and if it comes down to it, let sleeping dogs lie and get on with your own life. She is an anchor that is weighing you And your poor heart down.
    Good luck. xx

• Couple weeks later, she is staying at her moms. I agree she may need some help, but I also think I need some help as well. I reached out to a counselor for help - maybe help express myself better? Communicate more effectively?

• I am not... but it's been tough especially around the holidays.

• Your min dis an anchor... let God and let go.. Happy New year.:)) xxoo

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm Going To Give You My Unlicensed Professional Opinion, She Says She isn't Happy & You Probably Aren't Either. It's Best To Back Away From This Relationship & Take Some Time Away. If You Wanna Get Back With Her (iDont Know If You Do) Then Let Her Go, If You Guys Get Back Together In The Future Then Let It Happen On It's On, Dont Try & Force It. Say Your Goodbyes & Start The Healing Process. After A Break-Up People Run High On Emotions So Temporarily Cut Contact, Take Your Mind Off Her With Your Favorite Hobby & Find One If You Dont Have One. Stay Positive & Stay Strong...