I am struggling to get the courage to break it off?

For a while now I have been considering breaking up with my boyfriend but haven't done it yet. We have been together for almost 6 years, so it is not that easy to break up. However,, for almost 2 years I have been feeling unsatisfied with the relationship in general and haven't broken up with him because I am comfortable in the relationship and because I am hopeful that there will be improvement. But I find that I am more unhappy than happy in this relationship. I have regular talks with him and give him reasons for why I am unhappy and he tries to please me but I am still not happy. It is great when he is trying to please me but I think all of the other factors come in to mind like what our future would be like. I ask myself if he asked me to marry him, would I say yes? Unfortunately I always say no...
I can see so many reasons to break up with him but I still haven't and I don't know why... Maybe because I love him as one would love a relative maybe? He is dear to me and I would rather not hurt him but I do understand that I need to do what is best for me, and it is not fair to him either. I don't know... I'm afraid that I might make a mistake, but I've had these thoughts of breaking up with him for sooooo long... I am so confused with myself and it is killing me!

03

Most Helpful Guy

• Please don't break it off yet. The very reason why you're staying with him, implies that you do want to work it out. 6 years is a long time, and you really shouldn't be letting go of it. Since you were fine with him earlier, has he changed in some way (s) which has caused you to lose interest in him? If so, just let him know what that is. In the worst case, please do tell him what changes he needs to implement, and if he doesn't do it, you may be forced to call off the relationship for your own good as well as his. I'm sure things would work out in that case. Good luck!

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE