Should I text him and break it off or wait until he texts me?

The guy I've been dating for a couple months didn't bother to make time for me this weekend. Instead, he has just been texting me sporadically while he lounges around with his friends. Rather than see me on the weekends, he expects me to make long & expensive commutes after my 8 hour work day. Moreover, he told me early on that he deleted his tinder account because he liked me, so I deleted mine too. When I was frustrated I reactivated mine, only to stumble upon his, which said he had been active just a few minutes before.
I'm really mad, and I want to text him and break it off. The problem is, I don't know what to say. However, I'm afraid that if I wait for him to text me, he'll charm me out of my anger, as he's very smooth talking and I like him.
What should I do?

12

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't text him. Call him. If he doesn't answer, you can leave him a message. It's better to do it in person, but don't break up over text. Even though he sounds like a jerk, it isn't the right thing to do.

If you have to text, you should text him. Be the bigger person.

• Thanks so much for answering! I completely agree.

• Thanks for MH! Update?

• You're welcome! And thanks for asking for an update, that's so thoughtful! I took your advice and called him. I explained myself and he said that he understood, and we wished each other well. Thanks again! :)