How do I break up with a really nice guy?

This guy is very very nice. He's respectful of women and he has very good and true intentions. We've been talking for a few weeks and we have been on one date. I hate to say it, but I just don't find him attractive, physically. I enjoy spending time with him and talking, but I just… don't think we have a good connection in addition to me not thinking he's attractive. I tried, I really tried. I always like to take personality over looks, but even then… with him he doesn't always laugh at my jokes, he doesn't seem to get my personality. When I don't laugh at his jokes he asks me questions like "did you get that?" and then tries to re-explain.

I feel really bad because he has been nothing but nice and respectful. He is the kind of guy girls look for… but our personalities aren't meshing super well and I don't find him attractive.

I think what I like least about his personality is how.. much he likes things his way? The other night he refused to make out w/ me because he likes me and respects me enough that he wants to take it slow. Sure, that's nice, I guess? I couldn't convince him… which just seems odd. He's acting off of his own world view and idk, just doesn't connect with mine in a way? We went for a walk and when my feet had blisters he was like oh let's just keep going a little further… he's kind of obsessed with always moving. I wanted to sit and watch the sun set and he wanted to walk another mile and watch the sunset.

Idk, he's super nice…. but… something feels disconnected and I don't feel attracted to him as much as I tried to be. I really really try to get to know a person's personality before looks. There's just no spark :/.

So what do I do? Give it a second date? Tell him I just want to be friends? I feel torn because part of me wants to get to know him better and other just says that I know deep down along the line I'd never marry him so I might as well not date him :/

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• So you wanted to "make out" with him and he turned you down? And this is after you went out on a date with him, right? Then he is either a good Mormon, in the closet or a good Mormon in the closet. He's not that nice either if he didn't offer to carry you when you had blisters on your feet.

0|0
    0|0
    • Idk… I was hoping I could somehow create the physical attraction that I wasn't feeling because he IS that nice. I just can't seem to force the attraction. Yeah, he turned me down to kiss me more than one single little peck on the mouth which wasn't even much of a kiss to be honest. Idk, something about our personalities didn't fully mesh either.

Most Helpful Girl

• to his face and straight to the point tell him your sorry and that he's a great person and that he deserves a relationship where he be truly happy that he deserves a relationship where you's can both give eachother that lolve

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• I'm Going To Give You My Unlicensed Professional Opinion, Regardless Of Him Being Nice & Respectful, He Is Not Attractive & y'all Personalities Dont Click, You Dont Have To Settle & That Was A Date. A Date Is Meant To Get To Know Somebody & Feel That Person Out, You've Done That & You Dont Like What Was Brought To The Table. Dont Feel Bad, Just Tell Him You Dont Wanna Continue Seeing Each Other As Nothing More Than Friends, He Will Understand, If Not Then Oh Well, Do What Makes You Happy & Over Time You Will Feel Better, Stay Positive, Keep Your Head Held High, & Stay Strong...

0|0
    0|0
  • Give him head and then say, I want to break up but you're a really nice guy so I wanted to give you a blow-job first. He'll probably be okay with that. That would be really considerate of you.

0|0
    1|0
  • It is better idea to say him to be friend rather being a boyfriend. You should say that you never assumed to be your boyfriend ans so we are better in being friends. This will not hurt him too long.

0|0
    0|0
    • I guess. He's really nice, but… that's about it kind of? I don't know.

• You shouldn't feel guilty for not being attracted to a guy. No matter how nice he is and no matter if he checks all the other points. It is not an exchange.. being perfect doesn't make other girls owe me attraction.

You should simply tell him that you wouldn't think it will work and you don't feel the connection. If he presses you for details its up to you to tell him or not. If you decide to tell him then tell him the truth and tell him that this is your personal opinion. Other girls will find him attractive.

Its no problem to go on a couple of more dates with him.. sort of see if he changes or may be he had a bad day.. but if he is the same then you just move on.

Just don't feel guilty.

0|0
    0|0
  • Rip the bandaid off quickly, waste no time, don't lead the poor guy on

0|0
    0|0
  • Friendzone level maximum alert. Go and find yourself a nice jerk who you are physically attratced to then this guy will get with another girl and you will realise you wanted him in the end because the jerk treats you like rubbish.

0|0
    0|0
    • I think if you were older you'd understand what is really going on here.

• im 27, you are 18-24

• I'm 24 and I'd bet dollars to dimes you'd never date a girl you didn't think was attractive.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes