How do I break up with a really nice guy?

This guy is very very nice. He's respectful of women and he has very good and true intentions. We've been talking for a few weeks and we have been on one date. I hate to say it, but I just don't find him attractive, physically. I enjoy spending time with him and talking, but I just… don't think we have a good connection in addition to me not thinking he's attractive. I tried, I really tried. I always like to take personality over looks, but even then… with him he doesn't always laugh at my jokes, he doesn't seem to get my personality. When I don't laugh at his jokes he asks me questions like "did you get that?" and then tries to re-explain.

I feel really bad because he has been nothing but nice and respectful. He is the kind of guy girls look for… but our personalities aren't meshing super well and I don't find him attractive.

I think what I like least about his personality is how.. much he likes things his way? The other night he refused to make out w/ me because he likes me and respects me enough that he wants to take it slow. Sure, that's nice, I guess? I couldn't convince him… which just seems odd. He's acting off of his own world view and idk, just doesn't connect with mine in a way? We went for a walk and when my feet had blisters he was like oh let's just keep going a little further… he's kind of obsessed with always moving. I wanted to sit and watch the sun set and he wanted to walk another mile and watch the sunset.

Idk, he's super nice…. but… something feels disconnected and I don't feel attracted to him as much as I tried to be. I really really try to get to know a person's personality before looks. There's just no spark :/.

So what do I do? Give it a second date? Tell him I just want to be friends? I feel torn because part of me wants to get to know him better and other just says that I know deep down along the line I'd never marry him so I might as well not date him :/

17

Most Helpful Guy

• So you wanted to "make out" with him and he turned you down? And this is after you went out on a date with him, right? Then he is either a good Mormon, in the closet or a good Mormon in the closet. He's not that nice either if he didn't offer to carry you when you had blisters on your feet.

• Idk… I was hoping I could somehow create the physical attraction that I wasn't feeling because he IS that nice. I just can't seem to force the attraction. Yeah, he turned me down to kiss me more than one single little peck on the mouth which wasn't even much of a kiss to be honest. Idk, something about our personalities didn't fully mesh either.

Most Helpful Girl

• to his face and straight to the point tell him your sorry and that he's a great person and that he deserves a relationship where he be truly happy that he deserves a relationship where you's can both give eachother that lolve